11 April 2013

We decided to kick up our blog again and make some changes!

While meeting other mommies and daddies they decided to start helping advocate for children that still don't have families of their own! You will see some children listed on her that are in need of their own mom or dad.

The first little one that we will be listing is Monet. Beautiful Monet is currently diagnosed with Profound Bilateral Neurosensory Hypoacusis, and has had meningitis and encephalomalacia, contributing to her partial deafness (which would be beneficial to cochlear implants) and form of epilepsy (last one noted when she was 3 months old, controlled by medication).   Full medical and social history available. Please let me know if you would like more information on her and I can get it to you. Here is some info about adopting from Monet's region...
  • Single heterosexual parents may adopt
  • No family size restrictions
  • Both parents must travel to the country and stay until completion of adoption — approx 5-7 weeks (one parent may leave after a week or two)
  • Estimated total cost $21,000-24,500
  • She does have a small grant on Reece's Rainbow

  • Please let me know if you would like any more information on Monet!


    Mommy and daddy have decided that I am ready for a brother or sister. They keep asking if I want a baby and I tell them "no." They have to start working on getting a bunch of paperwork together that they have been calling a "dossier." I will just plan on going along for the ride and play nice with the baby! I think they just want to get out of the Minnesota weather and visit Cali again. We have seen some beautiful little ones but we need to make sure that I stay the oldest child in the family and that there is about a year gap in between the new baby.

    We have met many adoptive mommies and daddies and have got to talk a lot about our story. In November we celebrated being together as a family for 1 year. It is amazing how much has happened during that time. We will talk a little about what has happened since our last post...


    Bike ride this past fall!
     

    In the fall I transitioned to the toddler room and I love it! I get to go outside twice a day, do art projects, play with my friends, learn new songs and get loved on by all of my teachers.
    Me sleeping on a cot for the first time, I am a ROCKSTAR napper!

    Doing my favorite thing, coloring!

    Waiting patiently for lunch


    In November we celebrated one year as a family and we hung out for the day at the Mall of America and made a Build A Bear monkey, we named her Cali (of course)...
    ...and the monkey gets blamed when my room is a mess!


    Of course, December was busy with mommy's 30th birthday, my school Christmas program and Christmas. We even got to go to the Hollidazzle because the weather was pretty nice. Mom and dad decided I should move into a toddler bed since I was becoming quite the monkey.
    My cousin R and I!

    Mommy, daddy and Me at the Hollidazzle
     
    Sleeping in my toddler bed the first time


    January I turned 2! I had a birthday party with lots of cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents there! I also had my tonsils and adenoids removed and a new set of ear tubes put in. I got to spend two nights in Children's Hospital.
    2nd Birthday pics

    2013 Cali jersey pic

    Yum! Birthday Cake

    In the hospital

     
    In February I started walking...and have not stopped! Mommy and daddy also jumped in the Polar Plunge again along with uncle Jason and my BFF Krystal (who surprised me as dressing up as the Cat in the Hat)!
    Using the treadmill at therapy to learn to walk! Didn't take long.


    Most recently we have been spending time spring cleaning the house, going to the zoo and walking everywhere! I love to dance and to do actions to many songs. I have quite the vocabulary and sign language that I love to show off. Mostly I like to "Shake a tail feather" and "Single Ladies." I am quite funny and LOVE to be the center of attention to everyone.
    At the Shrine Circus

    Watching the Twins game

    At the Zoo with the baby farm animals






    No comments:

    Post a Comment