13 July 2012

I am a little embarrassed that it has been so long since we have posted. Life keeps you busy when you have a mom and dad that work, me that likes to play and go to school and projects around the house! Things are going great, we are coming up to our 9 month post placement visit. That means we will have 2 of our visits down, 2 more to go! Here is a re-cap of the last 6 months:

Me, Mommy & Daddy at the St. Paul Boat Club for a wedding.

January- I got my 1st Birthday pictures done and had a big birthday party/Welcome Party for me! We have a lot of people come that we have not seen in forever, even uncle Jeremy flew in from Texas. Mommy & Daddy's work even threw a shower to welcome me. We cannot believe how much support we had!

Uncle Jeremy and I meeting for the first time

One of many 400 1 year photos taken

Daddy, Me and Mommy at the end of my birthday party, I am tuckered out!


I started New Horizon and LOVE it. I cannot wait to go in everyday and see all of my amazing teachers. I hear I am such a social butterfly!

First school photo

Painting at school

Twins day at school



February- I became a child of God at my sacrament of holy baptism. I was mad that it was just a little water, I thought I was going to get a bath! The dress I am wearing I bought with Magnolia in Colombia!

My Godparents Mike & Cyndy and Trent & Danielle

Me in my dress


Mom & Dad also did the Polar Plunge with Mike, Cyndy and Braiden. They cannot wait to do it again next year!
Ready, set, jump!

Our team photo KAYELLA'S FELLAS!




March- We had a really weird month in regards to the outside temperatures (although I enjoyed it). We were pushing in the 80's a few days which is really unheard of in Minnesota, I guess. We celebrated Ruby's birthday at our house and I loved being outside for it.


I got tubes in my ears this month. I wasn't happy with mom and dad cause they wouldn't let me eat. When I went to my follow up I found out that I could hear perfect! Now I like to talk REALLY loud. Less than 8 hours after getting my tubes, I ended up crawling.



April- The Easter Bunny came for me and spoiled me rotten, I could get used to this! I got 4 baskets. I sat so nice through church and when it was done I was so ready for our yummy lunch that Krystal made.

Dan, Lisa and Colin made a visit from North Carolina and I got to show them all around the Mall of America and Sea Life! MOA is one of my favorite places to go and I can show you all of my favorite stores.

I suprised everyone by pulling myself to standing, everyone was so excited!



May- Once again we had unseasonably warm weather this month. We were able to set up my pool and let me swim in it. I love splashing in it! Mommy also was able to celebrate Mother's Day for the first time, grandma Karen came up and we went to the zoo. Auntie Danielle graduated from the University of Minnesota so daddy went to cheer her on! It was a hot day!



June- June has been CRAZY (to say the least). Grandpa & Grandma C bought a new lake house. It was a very bittersweet time moving them out of Mommy's house that she grew up in. We will have many memories to create there and I really like swimming there. I cannot wait to finally go out on the boat.

We also had a storm really close to home, it hit hard about 1 mile north and 1 mile south of us. Mom & Dad keep saying that we are lucky will live in a valley. It even knocked down a whole stretch of power lines, I slept right through it.

I also got my haircut this month. Mom & Dad saved it and put a little bit in a box from Krystal, Leslee & Matt. I look pretty cute and it has already grown a ton.

Mommy started a new job too! She is no longer at the same center as me, she is now the director of her own. I stayed at New Horizon cause I still love it so much and they are so good with me. It is kind of nice with mommy's new job though cause she gets to spend an extra day at home with me :)

Daddy and I spent Father's Day together at Canterbury Park watching the horses race and then we went to Grandma & Grandpa A's to celebrate with everyone!



July- I LOVED the fireworks, to say the least. I watched about 10 minutes and then fell asleep in Mommy's arms.

I went in for a re-check on my eyes and was told they were perfect and he doesn't want to see us for 1 year! In a few weeks I go back in for the ENT and 18 month check up!




I have started talking quite a bit and like to try and copy what you are saying. I now have 5 teeth (2 more working in) and starting to "act like a toddler" (mommy always says that).

Mommy and Daddy have been busy with work and I have been busy at school. It is tough painting, napping, going for walks and doing all of the kid stuff. Did I mention that I am a celebrity? Daddy and I were featured in a book, we look pretty awesome. We also have been meeting other adoptive families and talking on panels for families considering adoption! I also have an article that our agency is taking to the National Down Syndrome Conference to talk about waiting international children!

This summer is busy and flying by! Hopefully we can keep up a little more on blogging since I am hitting so many milestone!

No comments:

Post a Comment